All references to ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘we’, means Veritas.
Definition of Personal information
It is information or an opinion that identifies an individual or allows their identity to be readily worked out from the information. It includes information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
Who we are
Veritas is a training organisation dedicated to Christian leadership development and specialises in equipping Christian leaders with the tools to interpret and apply the Bible in approximately forty different countries. Veritas has legal entities in the US, UK, South Africa and Australia that serve the network of National Veritas Colleges. Our website processes donations in order to raise funds and support the work of the charity.
What we collect
We collect personal information from you when you visit the website to subscribe to our newsletters or make donations (online and offline) or use the student learning management system. We need the information for one or more of the following: to help with your login, process your donation, to send you newsletters and to inform you of any delays or problems either by mail, telephone or email.
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies or could reasonably identify an individual. This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by telephone, email, via our website veritascollege.org, from other publicly available sources, from cookies (see Cookies and usage data below) and from third parties. We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our students, receiving donations and sending out newsletters. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use (e.g. invitations to fundraising events) or disclosure (reporting of student activities to accreditation bodies).
We may collect the following personal information when you visit or register on veritascollege.org:
- Your name – So we know what to call you.
- Contact details such as email address, IP address and postal address – to email receipts, process Gift Aid claims, newsletters and to reply to enquiries.
- Telephone number – We will only call you if we have no other means to get in contact with you.
- Correspondence - We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
- Credit card details – We only use these if you choose this option as a preferred option for any payments. If you make a donation online, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors (PayPal and PayFast), who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below (Payment Security).
- Gift Aid information – We only use this if you are a UK tax payer and opted to Gift Aid your donation.
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure this information is protected to the highest standards.
Cookies and usage data
What we do with the information we gather
We may use your information to:
- meet our legal and statutory duties and responsibilities
- process applications, enrolments and workforce development programmes and contracts
- for our own internal records so that we can provide you with a high quality service
- send newsletters and updates about our activities which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- customise our services so they work better for you
- process a donation
- process student registrations, scholarships or job applications
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- notify you of changes to our services or to inform you of any problems
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
Without your personal information, we may be unable to do these things.
We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, disclosure, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
We will not sell, distribute or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We are legally required to share some types of information to government appointed bodies to fulfil our statutory obligations.
How long do we keep your data?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required in accordance with statutory requirements.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information.
Controlling your personal information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to request details of the personal information we hold about you.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You can correct or update your personal information at any time by contacting us through our website. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 18 or under. If you are aged 18 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
You can opt out of receiving communications
You always have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. You may contact us directly or through our website.
- Post: Veritas will only send posted mail if you do not have an email address. This will usually be in the form of a short note of appreciation to donors and/or a receipt for donations received. If you do not wish to receive any further posted mailings from us, please contact us ensuring you include your full name and address.
- Email : We always ask for your permission to contact you by email. If you do not wish to receive our newsletter, you can click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link or send us an email.
- Telephone : We will only call you if we have no other means to get in contact with you.
You also have the right to Data Erasure/right to be forgotten.
On your request we will erase all your personal information stored by us. Please note that participants/students choosing this option asking us to erase all their information will be required to repeat all finished courses as we will no longer have any records available to verify previous training. Please note that we may also be required to keep record of formal qualifications issued including personal information to fulfil our statutory obligations.
In the unfortunate case of a data breach, which is likely to result in a risk for the rights and freedoms of individuals we will notify all individuals who are directly affected within 72 hours of becoming aware of such breach.
We take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously. We only use third party secure payment processing services (PayPal and PayFast) and do not have access to your payment details.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf
We may pass your information to our third party service providers and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process enrolments or sending you mailings). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
You agree that no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed as wholly secure and that any information you provide to Veritas through the Internet, including via email, is at your own risk. You agree that, even though Veritas uses its best endeavours to secure your personal information, such as email encryption, Veritas cannot guarantee that any information sent or accessed electronically is secure.
You may also assist Veritas in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and notifying Veritas immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account, or any other breach of security relating to your account.
Links to other websites
We do not guarantee website links or policies of authorised third parties. Our website may contain links to other websites of interest and partner sites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the third party website.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or given to other Veritas entities. An example of this is our server which is located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the EU. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. Where we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
Post: PO Box 2428, Clarkson, WA 6030, Australia